Sunday, July 3, 2011

Restaurant Review: Zamaan Cafe - Ann Arbor

3580 Plymouth Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Phone: 734.213.3350
Hours:
Monday - Friday 10am - 10pm
Saturday 11am -10pm
Sunday 11am - 9pm
Price: $$





Hungry the other night, I decided to sift through my pile of coupons and try something new.  I cam across a coupon I had clipped out of a monthly coupon mailer for Zamaan Cafe.  I am in love with Mediterranean food (especially chicken shawarma sandwiches) so I thought I would check to see where this restaurant was.  When I looked at the address on the coupon I discovered it was located only about a mile and a half from where I live.  How did I not know there was a Mediterranean restaurant so close to home.  I immediately called the number on the coupon and ordered my stand by favorite, a chicken shawarma and fattoush salad. 
When ordering I was asked if I wanted the traditional chicken shawarma or the one with feta cheese.  A chicken shawaram with feta was a new concept to me, I have been to a lot of Mediterranean restaurants but I have never seen this on the menu. 
Once home with my take out, I could hardly wait to dig in.  Everything looked and smelled delicious  My first bite was of my fattoush salad.  The dressing was yummy, but overall I thought the salad was a little heavy on the lettuce and a little light on the cucumbers, tomatoes, and other yummy additions.  Overall the salad was average.  Next I bit into my shwarma and OMG feta should be a standard addition.  The sandwich its self was average, like the salad, but the addition of the feta made it AMAZING.  I will for sure be ordering this addition on every chicken shawarma I order from now on. 

Zamaan has a pretty good combo deal, a sandwich with your choice of salad, fries, or rice for $6.99.   Not a bad deal for something much healthier then fast food. The food was good, but pretty average compared to other Mediterranean restaurants in the area. 

Leslie @ Munchin' Michigander

No comments:

Post a Comment