Friday, August 19, 2011

Restaurant Review: Satchel's BBQ

Satchel's BBQ 
3035 Washtenaw Ave
Ann Arbor, MI  48104

Phone: 734.971.5100
Price: $$




satchelsbbq.com
Satchel's BBQ Menu

My husband and I are BBQ fanatics, we even had BBQ for our wedding reception!. So when my nose led me to a large wood-smoker at the road just west of Whole Foods on Washtenaw, I knew there was a smoke infused pile of meat with my name on it.


It is never a difficult decision when it comes to deciding what to order at a BBQ joint. It is a must to sample as many items that have been laced with smokey goodness as possible. The mastery of barbequing large cuts of beef and pork is the true measure of a pit master, and I must sample the brisket and pulled pork.

The dinning room at Satchel's is inviting. It has an outdoor picnic ambiance, with the smell of smoke wafting through the air. Shortly after ordering I had a divided paper plate piled with brisket, pulled pork, mac & cheese, coleslaw, and cornbread. Yummm....I could not wait to pig out!


Satchel's hit the nail on the head with both the brisket and  the pork. They were tender and moist with a smoke intensity that was right on the money. It  was so mouth watering delicious that I forgot to sample the array of BBQ sauces that filled a metal pail on the center of the table. The other side of my plate however did not tantalize my taste buds. The mac & cheese was, well... mac & cheese. A pungent taste of celery seed over powered the coleslaw. And the most disappointing item of all was the cornbread. When eating BBQ I tend to save my cornbread for last and pretend it's desert. However, when cornbread is bad, it’s bad and this was no exception. It was dry and flavorless.

No comments:

Post a Comment