Friday, June 24, 2011

Product Review:
California Pasta Shops Inc. - Fresh Handcut Gourmet Pasta

California Pasta Shops Fresh Handcut Pasta
33905 HARPER
CLINTON
,  MI  49236
Phone: 586.790.7080
Price: $$







In a pasta mood, I decided to try California Pasta Shops fresh Handcut Gourmet Pasta.  I am glad the grocery store had placed a "Made In Michigan" tag on the self to highlight this product, because due to its name I would have never guessed it was made here in Michigan.  A 1 lb. package of this pasta was only $3.19, a good value considering it makes enough pasta for 3-4 meals.
I followed the instructions on the packing, placing the pasta in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.  As son as the pasta was drained I immediately grabbed a noodle for my first taste test.  I was surprised, the pasta tasted perfectly al dente.  My only complaint is that some of the pasta failed to separate, causing a few dense clumps of pasta. Overall this pasta was just average, tasting better then boxed noodles, but not good as some other fresh pastas I have had.  
Leslie @ Munchin' Michigander. 

No comments:

Post a Comment