Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Product Review:
Cardillo Pizza Sauce Seasoning - Spicy Mix

Carrillo Pizza Sauce Seasoning
Cardillo Seasonings
16751 Curtis
Roseville, MI 48066
Phone: 248.333.2425
Price: $





www.CardilloPizzaSpice.com

Browsing the aisles at Hillar's Market, I stumbled upon little packets of pizza sauce seasoning hanging on a chip clip in the pasta sauce section of the grocery store.  These intrigued me.  I immediately grabbed a packet and flipped it over to see what else was needed to make it.  All that was needed in addition to the seasoning packet was a 15oz can of tomato sauce and two tablespoons of olive oil.  I always have olive oil on hand, so at $1.69 for the seasoning pack and $0.99 for the tomato sauce, I tossed the little packet in my cart. 

This sauce was extremely easy to make, I grabbed a bowl and dumped in the tomato sauce, seasoning, and olive oil.  Whallah after a quick stir and about 30 seconds I had pizza sauce.  It smelled amazing, but it was time for the taste test.  I grabbed a spoon, stuck it in the sauce.  I was a little overwhelmed at first, this sauce packs a punch.  When they say "spicy mix' they are not kidding around.  The sauce has a really good flavor and I like spicy food, but this was a bit to spicy for me. 
Prepared Sauce
Overall I really like the concept of this sauce as tomato sauce is usually a staple item in most homes.  The seasoning packets are cheap enough and shelf stable, making them another easy item to keep on hand.  I often find myself craving pizza and having everything to create something resembling one, minus the sauce, so problem solved.  The flavor of this sauce is really delicious and I can't wait to try their "less spicy" verities.   

Below is a video from the Cardillo Pizza Sauce website, showing you just how easy it is to make their sauce.


Leslie @ Munchin' Michigander

No comments:

Post a Comment