Monday, June 20, 2011

Product Review:
Towne Club Soda - Vanilla Cream

Towne Club Soda
6400 E 8 Mile Rd
Detroit, MI 48234
Price:$




Towne Club is a Michigan brand of soda pop.  It is produced and sold primarily in the Detroit, Michigan region.  Towne Club first started selling soda in the mid-1960s in its own retail outlets called "Pop Centers"  The concept was simple, 24 bottles of mix 'n match flavors were sold in wooden grates.  The prices were low, making it an affordable alternative to big brand soda companies.  In the mid- to late-1980s the company fell on hard times, closing its retail outlets.  Today Towne Club soda is still produced and sold in the Detroit area in both glass and plastic bottles.
 
While shopping at Hillar's Market in Ann Arbor, I was lucky enough to stumble upon this soda on sale for $0.88 in the beverage cooler.  Being a sucker for vanilla flavored soda I couldn't resist the chance to sample it.  I had never heard of this soda company so I wasn't sure what to expect.  The anticipation was killing me so I didn't waste time cracking open the cold glass bottle as soon as I got home.  YUM!!! was my  first reaction.  This was probably the best vanilla soda I have ever had.  I was born and raised in the Detroit are, so how did I not know something so delicious existed here?  The soda has an excellent flavor and will be making the top of my list for treats.  The only reason I am not giving this soda a full 5 stars is that it is just a tad to sweet for regular drinking.  Overall this is an amazing soda and I can't wait to try the other flavors.  
Towne Club Soda

16 fl oz. glass bottle - $0.99
Grape - Orange - Tropical Fruit Punch - Peach - Strawberry

Leslie @ Munchin' Michigander
 

No comments:

Post a Comment